Idaho Power Energy Efficiency Kit Program Sweepstakes
Please read the Official Rules of the Idaho Power Energy Efficiency Kit Program Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”). By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to accept and comply with these official rules.Complete and return the brief Idaho Power Energy Efficiency Kit survey form and you will be automatically enrolled in the monthly drawings. There will be one winner each month, with drawings taking place monthly. You only need to enter once for a chance to win a $100 gift card in each subsequent monthly drawing.
1. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes start at 12:01 a.m. Mountain Time on 06/01/2016 and ends at 11:59 pm Mountain Time on 07/15/2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period to be eligible to win the respective Prize.
2. The Sweepstakes is sponsored and administered solely by Resource Action Programs, LLC, 976 United Circle, Sparks, NV 89431.Decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects.
3. The Sweepstakes is only open to Idaho Power customers with active, Idaho Power residential accounts who are legal residents of the U.S. and enroll in the Idaho Power Energy Efficiency Kit Program. Additionally, entrants must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry to participate. Employees of Resource Action Programs, LLC, ("RAP"), and Idaho Power (the “Utility”) and their immediate family members (parents, children, siblings, or spouse, regardless of where they live) are not eligible to participate.
a. Survey Entry: Enter by returning the completed Idaho Power Energy Efficiency Kit survey form to the Idaho Power Energy Efficiency Kit Program Customer Service Center, 976 United Circle, Sparks, NV 89431 during the Sweepstakes Period.
b. Alternative Mode of Entry:During the Sweepstakes Period, you may also enter the sweepstakes by legibly printing your name, street address, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, and email address on a 3x5 inch card and mailing it in a self-addressed envelope with proper first class postage to Idaho Power Energy Efficiency Kit Program Customer Service Center, 976 United Circle, Sparks, NV 89431.
c. Entries must be received by no later than 11:59p.m. MT on the last day of the Sweepstakes Period, or the entry will not be eligible for the Sweepstakes.
d. Limit one (1) entry per eligible household. Entries that are printed by machine or otherwise mechanically produced shall be ineligible and shall not be accepted.
e. RAP will not confirm receipt of entries for entrants.All entries submitted become the sole property of RAP and will not be returned. Neither RAP nor Utility will have any liability for any entry that is lost, intercepted, or not received by the relevant personnel at the Idaho Power Energy Efficiency Kit Program Customer Service Center, nor is proof of submission of an entry considered proof of delivery or receipt of such entry.
f. By entering, the entrant: (i) represents that he/she is at least eighteen (18) years of age and otherwise eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes as provided in these Official Rules and (ii) fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of RAP.
5. Selection of Sweepstakes Winners : One (1) winner will be selected each month from a random drawing from all eligible entries received at the Idaho Power Energy Efficiency Kit Program Customer Service Center by the last calendar day of the month. The random drawing each month shall occur on or before the tenth (10th) business day following the last calendar day of the previous month (e.g., on or before the tenth (10th) business day of August, 2016 for the month of July 2016). Eligible entries not selected during any month will remain eligible for selection through the duration of the Sweepstakes.
6. Odds of Winning: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and neither RAP, nor the Utility can accurately predict the number of eligible entries received.
7. Prize : One USD $100 to be awarded in the form of a VISA gift card. No prize substitution, exchange or cash redemption of any prize shall be permitted. Prizes are not transferable prior to award. All prizes must be accepted “as is,” and no warranties will be provided by the Program or Sponsor.Limit of one (1) prize per person/household. No more than the number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules will be awarded. All prizes will be awarded. Sponsor will not replace lost or stolen prizes.
Prize Winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes associated with the prize. The reporting and payment of all tax liabilities incurred by any winner as a result of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to federal, state, and local income taxes, is the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winner is solely responsible for all other fees or costs associated with the Prize received, regardless of whether it is used, in whole or part. The Winner may be required to provide his/her Social Security Number for tax reporting purposes. The Winner may also be required to complete applicable tax documents and return them to Sponsor.
8. Winners will be notified by notices (specifying the month of the winning entry) deposited in U.S. mail (certified, return receipt requested) no later than the last day of the month following each drawing (e.g., no later than August 31, 2016 for the July 2016 drawing).
Winners who are so notified must phone the Idaho Power Energy Efficiency Kit Program Customer Service Center at 1-800-465-6045 or postmark a letter or postcard to the Idaho Power Energy Efficiency Kit Program Customer Service Center, 976 United Circle, Sparks, NV 89431 (including their telephone number and email address), no later than the last day of the month following deposit of the notice in U.S. mail (e.g., no later than September 30, 2016 for the July 2016 drawing). Failure to respond to the notice in a timely manner will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected and notified. Winners may waive their right to receive their $100 gift card.
Winners may not assign or transfer their $100 gift card and winners agree that the winners are responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize, and any other costs or expenses associated with the prize shall also be the responsibility of the winners. Failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules will result in a winner's disqualification, forfeiture of his or her $100 gift card, and selection of an alternate winner. All entrants agree to receive, via email, U.S. mail or phone, any messages pertaining to their participation in and, as applicable, any notification pertaining to this Sweepstakes.
9. Winner’s Affidavit of Eligibility: Potential winners may be required to complete and return an additional affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the "Affidavit/Release") within seven (7) calendar days of being notified of the need to complete the affidavit. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, that potential winner will be disqualified and a new alternate potential winner will be selected in his/her place at random from all entries received up to that point in time during the entry period.
10. Entrants may obtain a list of winners by phoning (toll free) the Idaho Power Energy Efficiency Kit Program Customer Service Center at 1-800-465-6045 or by mailing a self-addressed stamped envelope with the request to the Idaho Power Energy Efficiency Kit Program Customer Service Center, 976 United Circle, Sparks, NV 89431. Requests will be honored for 90 days after Sweepstakes ends.
11. By submitting an entry, participants acknowledge that any communication or information transmitted to RAP and/or Utility by mail or otherwise in connection with this Sweepstakes is and will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary, and RAP and the Utility may collect, use, and disclose the personal information you provide when you enter this Sweepstakes for the purposes of Sweepstakes administration, prize fulfillment, and providing the list of winners referenced above.
As a condition of entry into the Sweepstakes, except where prohibited by law, each participant by entering and the winner by accepting a Prize grants Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries or affiliates the universal and perpetual right and license to use, exploit, print, publish, re-produce, display, distribute and broadcast, and to grant others the right and license to use, exploit, print, publish, re-produce, display, distribute and broadcast the winner’s name, actual or simulated likeness, photograph, image, voice, portrait, picture, personal characteristics, biographical information and other personal identification in any and all languages, formats and media now known and hereafter developed in connection with RAP and/or Idaho Power’s website, the Sweepstakes and/or any Sweepstakes-related activity and any and all advertising, promotion, marketing, and/or publicity thereof including all ancillary and subsidiary rights therein, without additional review, compensation, permission or approval.
12. By their participation, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, which are subject to modification in the sole discretion of program management.
13. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any contestant and RAP, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Nevada without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of Nevada or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Nevada. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained herein. Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be resolved among the entrant and RAP exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Nevada.
14. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees (to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law) that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be resolved among the entrant, the Utility and RAP without resort to any form of class action litigation, and entrant waives his or her right to a jury trial for such disputes, claims, and causes of action; (2) any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in pursuing such claim, judgment or award, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event shall attorneys' fees or expenses be awarded; and (3) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased, and any and all rights to other types of damages not waived hereby, other than damages for actual out-of-pocket costs incurred as set forth herein. RAP and the Utility hereby disclaim any liability for Sweepstakes entries that are not received by RAP or notifications to winners that are not received by such winners.
15. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to unconditionally, irrevocably, and forever release and discharge RAP and the Utility and their respective affiliated companies, directors, officers, members, managers, employees, representatives, partners and agents (and the respective heirs, successors and assigns of each of the foregoing) from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, damages or fees or expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys' fees or expenses) of any kind arising out of or in connection with (1) the Sweepstakes; (2) the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages or fees or expenses, including, without limitation, attorneys' fees or expenses, related to personal injury, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light); (3) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (4) lost, late, delayed, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail or email; (5) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (6) the entrant's inability to participate in the Sweepstakes; (7) any interruption in or postponement, cancellation, or modification of the Sweepstakes; (8) human error; (9) any other error or malfunction; (10) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of RAP or the Utility or their affiliates or agents; or (11) any other cause, condition, or event whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of RAP or the Utilities or their affiliates or agents.
16. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, RAP may, in its sole discretion (1) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (2) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of impairment. RAP further reserves the right and may, at any time and without notice or obligation, cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify any Sweepstakes or drawing not capable of completion as planned, including because of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, or technical or other failures of any sort or any other causes beyond RAP's reasonable control. RAP further reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, RAP and the Utility reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. RAP's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
17. Official Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules which will be available during the Sweepstakes Period. Participants agree to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules of the Sweepstakes, or the Sweepstakes itself, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sponsor, whose decision is binding and final in all respects. Sponsor has the right to modify these Official Rules in its sole discretion for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. Neither the Utility nor RAP will be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor also reserves the right to cancel the Sweepstakes at any time, with prior permission from Idaho Power, provided that in the event of such cancellation Sponsor shall still award any Prize won but not yet fulfilled prior to such cancellation.
If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact the Idaho Power Energy Efficiency Kit Program Customer Service Center (toll free) at 1-800-465-6045.